Construction Information Technology (CIT) Joint Subcommittee
Scope: This subcommittee is concerned with assisting AFH10 and ABJ50 in reviewing and assessing the state-of-the-art in the development and application of IT technologies that aim to achieve scope, cost, schedule and other project performance objectives, with an emphasis on automation tools that have the potential to improve the productivity of the parties involved in transportation construction projects. With this purpose in mind, CIT will pursue the following objectives:
- Identify and inventory the most promising technologies related to Construction Information Technology for Transportation (CIT-T)
- Identify the most critical Construction IT research and development needs, and disseminate them to the academic community, the software industry, and the practitioners.
- Serve as a liaison between TRB ABJ50, AFH10 and other relevant entities interested in construction information technology, such as the AFB80 Geospatial Data Acquisition Technologies in Design and Construction Committee, in an effort to help coordinate research and dissemination activities.
- Serve as a liaison with vendors to provide input into their software development and market research efforts.
- Integrate research and the generation of new knowledge into the education experience through the subcommittee’s academic members. CIT will target education in undergraduate and graduate college curriculums as well as professional development and education extension.
If you have any question regarding the committee, its meetings and how to join it, please feel free to contact the committee co-chairs:
Dr. Ioannis Brilakis (email@example.com).
Dr. Paul Goodrum (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information please visit: itcon.webfreehosting.net